Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring Diva Challenge

The Diva girls at Verve challenged us to make a card with a theme of "April Showers Bring May Flowers" this month.  For my entry,  I used a Stampin Up set called Sweet Summer for my card.  It's full of flower building elements, including the little bees and butterflies.  I love when the flowers start blooming, even though my allergies don't!  The card base is Ballet Blue, and the main image was watercolored with an Aquapainter and the lids of SU ink.  I added some liquid pearls to the flowers, and the bees and butterflies have a little sparkle from Spica glitter pens.  I used a piercing tool around the edge of the largest nestabilities edge.  Ribbon is from Stampin Up.  Thanks for looking and have a great day!

2 comments:

Andrea Ewen said...

This card is just the sweetest, Luanne! I love the cool colors, the darling flower stamps and {WOW} that gorgeous matching envelope! And that bow, too...simply striking! Great project!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just gorgeous! Those liquid pearl accents are just perfect, too! Love it!