Saturday, June 25, 2011

June Papertrey Blog Hop!

Hi everybody!  Welcome to my entry to the PTI June Blog Hop!.  We were challenged to use a photo for our inspiration, and this is my card.  I sponged different inks to create my background, blending a little at each color change.  Then I stamped the tulips in the area that was lighter, with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored them with Copics.  There is a little clear glitter touches on the flowers, to look like dew.  The basket was stamped on white (using my new Vintage Basket die ~ I love it) and then I used Copics to give it a little more definition.  I added some Berry Sorbet ribbon, and stamped the sentiment in Versafine Black.  I put it on a Kraft card base, to mimic the wooden cubbies.  Thanks for stopping by...!

14 comments:

A Crafty Person said...

Very nice. I have always loved this stamp set.

Marge said...

Very BEAUTIFUL!!!

Maureen said...

I was inspired by those cubbies too!! What a sweet and colourful card. I can't get enough of Berry Sorbet :) see you next month IRL!! :)

Kathy said...

Very pretty card! I do so love that picnic basket:)

Banu said...

Beautiful card. Loved it.

Lisa said...

This is very pretty Luanne!

Maureen said...

oh, thanks, Luanne!! yes, the Passion for Papertrey is open to international participants for this challenge :) Go get inky!! :)

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful job with the sponging

Magirk said...

Love your gorgeous card. You gradient sponging is fabulous, and that picnic basket full of flowers is just beautiful. ;-) Lovely!

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful card! the color blending is really effective. Don't you just love that little picnic basket die? Precious!!!

Suzanne said...

hi luanne! your card is so pretty, i love that basket!

Tracey Cuccia said...

SO pretty!! Love the basket too, great contrast with the bg!!

Karen C. said...

The background of rainbow colours is fabulous!! The little basket of tulips is precious, too!

Ravengirl said...

This turned out very pretty! Your background is beautiful!