Monday, July 4, 2011

Make it Monday Melons!

Happy 4th of July!  What's the 4th without Watermelons??  After seeing today's Make it Monday video, I knew where my card was going.  Betsy Veldman showed us how to stamp a background using foam and reinkers.  I only own two green reinkers, so I selected a viney looking stamp for a border, using both Mellow Moss and Sage Shadow.  I still had plenty of ink to stamp a corner of the envelope!  I used Ocean Tides and Berry Sorbet to make my melons (yum, I think I need some now!) and used various buttons on the MFT open scallop die.  You should see the foam I scrounged around for ~ it was the back of an old, old free foam stamp that I have never used!  Mother is the neccesity of invention maybe?  Have a great day everyone & thanks for looking!

4 comments:

Keva said...

This is adorable! I love the border and the melons look yummy. We haven't had one all season. :)

Peggysuez said...

That's so sweet, love those little melons.

Marlena M. said...

Wow, you generated such detail from this technique. Wonderful summery card. ;)

Marybeth said...

This is a beautiful card I love everything about it.