Thursday, August 4, 2011

MOJO Hole in One!

If you haven't noticed, husband loves to golf... He was out Tuesday night with his golfing buddy, and his buddy had a hole in one! He's a great friend, so I wanted to send him a card of congrats from us. I used this weeks MOJO Monday sketch, as well as a couple of Dare to get Dirty challenges.

I started with a Stamping Up stamp called On the Green.  I used markers to color the words "Hole in One" in black, and then the rest in Always Artichoke.  I added a background layer, and then paper pierced around the edges.  Then I used some Basic Gray Manilla paper as a base for the little triangles.  I thought they looked a little like flag sticks!  I stitched around the edge of that paper, to make it look like a little frame, using some green thread.  Then I added a couple of eyelets, something I hadn't pulled out in a while, and I need to use more!  For the bottom embossed layer, I found some old cardstock, that was a little darker than Kraft, and used some Tim Holtz Tea Dye distress ink to highlight and roughed up the edges a little.  I also made a envelope with Chevron Stripes, a new PTI set.

By the way, my husband has had 2 Hole in Ones, and I've had one too!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great masculine card Luanne,I'm sure he'll appreciate it!

Jill Briggs said...

Nice masculine twist!

Maureen said...

woohoo!! Way to go, Luanne! That is one tough competition!!Love that it's a card for your dh's friend :) You can say it's an award winning card!! The flags on the sketch go perfectly with a golf card :) Hope all is well. Does it seem like SAF was eons ago instead of 3 weeks? Busy packing our house...we have to be out by end of next week...the new house will be ready in about 2 months so we'll be living with my dad!! EEK!! Hugs to you :) Are you going to be shopping tomorrow night? ;)

ant me. said...

Hello Luanne,

I love your card!! I found you from visiting the MoJo Monday site. I had considered doing this challenge but didn't get to it. I found it was really "challenging!" heeheehee so I thought I'd pop in to MoJo Monday tonight to see what others had come up with. I was really delighted not only to see your beautiful card but to read you are a fellow believer!

See you in the sky! *wink*

Patti