Friday, September 9, 2011

Make it Monday Fall Birthday

I have FIVE family masculine birthday cards to make in the Fall!  We all know those take a little more thought, no bows, no ruffles, ....  Well, I use a lot of leaves, trees, and yummy fall colors to fill the bill.  I decided to make another MIM card this week, as I loved the idea of creating backgrounds with a single repeated stamp.  The demo was so helpful to me, knowing how to start off and fill in to give a more uniformed look.  (thank you Dawn!)  For this card, I used a leave from a SU set called French Foliage.  The main image is one of my fav's from PTI, a Wreath for all Seasons.  It's put on a Spring Moss card base, and the leave was stamped with River Rock SU ink.  I used Labels One nesties, with Early Expresso and Really Rust inks for the wreath.  Just a single antique brad to finish off this more masculine card. Hmmm, which son, brother in law, etc... to send it to??

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Very pretty fall card Luanne...love the subtle background!

me35 said...

This is lovely. It's going in my CASE file !
Margaret C

Carla Cabrera said...

What a great subtle background.