Sunday, September 25, 2011

PTI September Blog Hop

I don't know about you, but when I can make a card for a specific reason, it comes together much better.  My card today (inspired by the PTI blog hop photo below), will go to my amazing stepdaughter.  She is an artist in her own right.  Her profession is graphic design, but she also takes the most interesting, story telling photos.  Yesterday, she had her first showing of photography in an art gallery in Chicago.  As of this morning, two of them were sold and one was pending!  It makes me SO happy for her.  She is definately going in the direction of her dreams.  I will be sending this off to her tomorrow...
My inspiration came mostly from the colors of the photo, but I also used some strips of patterened papers to push that more.  The papers are all from Lily Bee's This & That collection.  The sentiment is from Verve.  The Card base is Rustic White from PTI, and I used both Mat Stack 1 and 2 dies.  A Pure Poppy button with some lemon Baker's twine finish it off.  This is the interesting photo that inspired my card:
Thanks for stopping by....!

6 comments:

paperella said...

I'm sure your stepdaughter will treasure this thoughtful card! That sentiment is perfect on the MS2 :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Fun card, yes I am sure she will love it.

Leigh said...

I love your use of patterned paper & your title stamped on an angle like that-- wonderful!

Kristii said...

I love all the different patterns and colors you used! Beautiful!!! She's gonna love it!

Maureen said...

oh, Luanne! I love the way you tilted the panel...so lovely :) What a special card to give your bonus daughter :)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I LOVE this, Luanne!