Tuesday, October 25, 2011

PTI October Blog Hop ~ Color and Pattern

Good morning!  Today is PTI's Blog Hop and this is what I came up with...
I went for the colors and patterns from the inspiration photo.  The blooms (Flower Fusion #6) remind me of Mums, which are all over the place right now.  I used a rock and roll technique for them, using Really Rust and Cajun Craze inks.  They were stamped directly onto the PTI cardstock. The grass is an older print paper that was torn, and the edges were inked with the stem and leave color (Old Olive).  Some Kaisercraft olive rhinestones were added to the centers. I stamped the sentiment right onto theTerracotta Tile twill. (say that fast for fun...)  A little antique brad and I've got a quick fall birthday card. 

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the hop!

15 comments:

Leigh said...

Very pretty! I love those plaid leaves and the distressing you added to the patterned paper to make the grass!

Peggysuez said...

So pretty, that is one of my favorite flower fusion stamps.

Marybeth said...

Oh this is so pretty , the flowers are perfect color for the blog hop challenge. Nice!

Suzanne said...

Hi Luanne! This is perfect and just sooo cute! I see that you are from KY! My friend and I flew there this past summer on our way to Ohio. It was a gorgeous place, just like we see in the movies!

Ronnie said...

Your card makes me happy! I love those pretty flowers. The torn patterned paper as grass is beautiful!! This is a fabulous card!

Teresa said...

Wonderful fall birthday card. Those flowers are perfect with the patterned leaves.

Terri said...

Very cute. Love the flowers.

Ann said...

THis is the only FF set I haven't got and you've just convinced me I NEED it. Love your little flowerpatch and aren't those plaid leaves wonderful!

Deanna Jean said...

Great card...love the colors and what you did for the grass.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Such a cute card~

Linda said...

Love this flower fusion set! Great job!

Suzanne said...

Hi Luanne! Thanks for the note! YES! We went to SAF! We flew into Lexington ... We had the BEST time. :)

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. Love how you created the grass with the pattern paper.

Tracey McNeely said...

I love the scene you set up.

babar said...

I like the sequence of orange flowers.
gift card printer
PVC cards