Sunday, November 20, 2011

MIM in Gliter

For this week's Make it Monday, we had to get out our glitter. It's all over my table now (and me!), but it was fun!  I started with some Royal Velvet and Ocean Tides cardstock ~ what a pretty combination it is in real life (had trouble getting a good picture today...)  I used my Music Notes background on the Ocean Tides layer.  Then I cut a strip with my Half & Half die, and used my glue pad to ink up the striped patteren.  I love this glitter from Martha Stewart, it has to be my favorite color!  Next up, the Mat Stack 1.  Finally, I used some Ocean Tides ink for the sentiment, and took the little snow Flourish from Tag It's 8 as an accent.
All my edges were inked with Fresh Snow. A few purple rhinestones on the sentiment panel finishes this card.  Inside it says "the best year ever".  I think it'll go to our good friends on New Years.  Thanks for a fun challenge Jennifer!

4 comments:

Helen F. said...

Beautiful, Luanne! Love the colors and all the bling!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is so lovely. The glitter striped half and half is stunning.

Suzanne Russell said...

Wow! The glittered Half and Half strip turned out beautifully! I never would have thought of this color combo, but it is really pretty. thanks for the inspiration. :)

Joyce said...

I never would have thought of royal velvet and ocean tides, but they look really great together. And, I love that glittered half and half die cut.