Wednesday, November 2, 2011

MIM Snowflake Background

Had some fun stamping this afternoon, and got a chance to make a couple of cards using this weeks Make it Monday technique.  Nicole showed us how she uses stamps to create backgrounds.  This first card uses the Tag It's #8 snowflakes.  The largest snowflake was stamped in Versamark, and then embossed using some Stardust embossing powder.  Then the smaller ones were stamped, using Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, and Spring Moss.  I used some Ocean Tides Ribbon with a little twine in the corner. A little line of icicle stickles are on the back snow drift.  The horse and sleigh are stamped in Spring Moss.

The second card today, is for a sweet friend going through a rough time.  I pulled out some new Autunm Rose products as my starting point.  I love the Harvest Berries set, so it I used that to create the background.  The larger stems were stamped in Old Olive, and the smaller in Spring Moss.  I tested out the different pink inks I have, and found that Melon Mambo worked pretty well, so that was used for the triple dots.  The single dots are in Purely Pomegranite.  The sentiment used stamps from Mat Stack 2.  I finished it all with the pretty small dotted ribbon in Autunm Rose. 
It was a lot of fun to use this technique of making your own background.  I know I'll give this a try again!  Thanks for looking ~ Happy Stamping....!

4 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely cards. Harvest Berries is one of my favorite sets. I love the background you stamped with it. Those colors are great together.

Suzanne Russell said...

Both are beautiful. My personal choice is #2. I think I am partial to Harvest Berries! :)

Helen F. said...

Both cards are so pretty, Luanne. The colors you chose for each card are perfect with the stamps you used.

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Love the cards and especially the color combinations