Saturday, November 12, 2011

MIM#40 - For Regina

I wnted to try a second technique that Heather showed on her Make it Monday video.  This card uses faux stitching, done with paper piercing and a white gel pen.  I used the Flower Fusion #6 die, the leaves from Simple Sunflower, and scraps of paper from Basic Grey's Green at Heart collection.  I also sewed my buttons on, something Heather showed us as well.
The card base is actually Autumn Rose, but it sure looks purple here!  The next panel is textured white and then a layer of Kraft that was stamped with small dots in Versamark.  I will be sending this to a fellow stamper's Mom.  (Thanks for letting us know Cindy!) 

4 comments:

BethieJ said...

Your card is so PRETTY!!! That PP is perfect for ground never thought to use it like that before!!
Have a GREAT day!

carol (krillsister) said...

You did a great job with the challenge. Love that faux stitching.

Jan Hennings said...

This is an adorable card! Thanks for your visit to the Really Reasonable blog hop today :) Your Grandma's buns sound so good!

Marybeth said...

I love this card, love the way you used the printed paper. It looks just like a field of flowers.