Thursday, December 15, 2011

Make It Monday #45: Coloring Embossed Images with Copics

Hello everyone!  Can I just say how much I enjoyed this week's Make it Monday??  I've been trying to finish up a few last minute Christmas cards, so this morning, I took a break and decided to try my hand at this technique.  Well, I loved the results!  I was able to use some of my new Smokey Shadow cardstock and ribbon too.  The poppies almost took on a "painted" look, and you could really see the brush strokes, that look like petals! Looks even better IRL...:-) Oh, so fun!! 


This might be one of my favorite cards I've ever made, and I can't wait to make another one!  Thanks so much Lisa, for showing us how to do this, and thank you for stopping by!

5 comments:

Marybeth said...

Wow! I love the results too ! This is stunning. Take care

Julie said...

I can see why you're pleased. Lovely card! Great colours and a perfect image and layout!

Joyce said...

Oh, this is beautiful. What a great card.

Colleen said...

I agree with you, when coloring on the embossed image, it gives such a different dimension to the image...I love how it looks on your card, and red poppies are my favorite! Beautiful!

Linda said...

Beautiful Card. I love the color combination. Very elegant.