Monday, December 26, 2011

PTI December Blog Hop - Leftovers!

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!  We were able to visit my children and grandchildren for a special time in Indianapolis.  We got home and I wanted to try to sneak in some stampy time before I have to go back to work in the morning.  I have some fun new PTI goodies too!  However, the challenge for the blog hop was to use some leftovers, so this card has a little of both...


The sweet little snowman was cut out of the wrapping paper I used for the grandkids presents.  I love snowmen, and I have a nice little collection of them...  The diecut doily was made with a scrap of white I found on my craft table - it just fit!  It's one of the new things from my children. :-)  I had a scrap of Autumn Rose ribbon, that I was able to turn into a bit of a bow, by just using some twine and a button.  The snowman was placed on some Spring Rain cardstock that was cut with a Mat Stack 1 die.  The Autumn Rose base was stamped with Polka Dot Basics in Fresh Snow ink.  Now that Christmas is over, the thank you notes begin.  I don't know about you, but I have more that gifts to be thankful for this year!  Blessings to you!

12 comments:

Mommy said...

This is lovely! I adore snowmen and have so many that have been given to me as gifts over the years. They always make me smile! Your card is adorable! Sweet snowman! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Really lovely thank you card and I think you did a great job using your leftovers.

Shay said...

Sweet snowman card and great use of leftovers!

Suzanne Russell said...

So sweet and i really like the color combo.

Kelly S. said...

So adorable! Love the fun color scheme with that sweet snowman. The frame around him is an awesome addition!

Marybeth said...

Its adorable! Such a cute snowman! Yes we have much to be thankful for . I have many Blessings . Glad you know you do too.

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

Fun, love the snowman.

Joyce said...

Such a sweet snowman. Love that you were able to make a card from wrapping paper.

samantha's cards said...

so cute!

Sue Lelli said...

That snowman thank you card is just going to make someone's day! LOVE your polka dot stamping and your super CUTE snowman!

carol (krillsister) said...

That snowman is so darn cute. Lovely card. Great color combination.

stampwithjulie said...

Very cute snowman card - love snowmen :)