Tuesday, January 3, 2012

MIM #47 - Cracked Cameo

Happy New Year All!  Hope your Holidays were filled with love and laughter!  I'm starting (like many others...) major life changes with healthy eating and exersize...! :)

I was excited to see this week's Make it Monday, and as I browsed the different techniques, realized I missed several!  Hopefully I can catch up with a couple of them...  Today's card is from #17: Cracked Glass Technique.  I'd never done this at home (just at a class) but had a big jar of UTEE, so it was a perfect time to open it. 

I used Iconic Images to creatie my focal point.  I started with stamping French Script on some ivory cardstock.  Then the sillhoutte was stamped in Basic Grey. (Can't wait for Smokey Shadow ink...)  I sponged the edges with Antique Linen distress ink, and then did my embossing.  The frame and cardbase are a soft blush color, and I found a scrap of ribbon that reminded me of a ribbon choker type necklace. Her little necklace is just a couple of leftover rhinestones. I left off a sentiment, and will stamp something inside.  Oh, and the dp is from Basic Grey's Little Black Dress.  Thanks Heather, for inspiring me to try this fun technique!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Very elegant Luanne! Great job with the technique.

victoria h said...

Great cracked glass image it looks very vintage.

Tracey McNeely said...

Luanne using the silhouette with this technique is so very victorian. I just love it. Gorgeous.