Wednesday, January 11, 2012

MIM #48 Border Backgrounds

Today I'm sharing a masculine card for this week's Make it Monday from Papertrey Ink.  I was inspired by yesterdays post from Dawn McVey that used Smokey Shadow and Kraft to create her masculine card.  I also used two new products that my kids got me for Christmas - the rick-rack border die, and Masculine Motifs stamp set.


I used the main strips of rick rack first, and the put in the narrow edges from in between cuts of the die in the middle. (if that makes sense?)  The Mat Stack 3 die was put on Rustic White cardstock, and stamped with Kraft ink.  The Tag It's circle and sentiment were stamped in Basic Gray ink.  The Dragonfly was stamped in Kraft and cut out. It's wings have a touch of sparkle, from a Spica Clear Glitter gel pen.  It was all put on a card base of Rustic White. 

1 comment:

Tracey McNeely said...

I really like your combination of the small and large ric rac dies. The kraft and smoky shadow work well together.