Sunday, February 5, 2012

PTI Anniversary!

It's Papertrey Ink's 5th Anniversary, and the celebrations have begun!  Today Nicole featured a boatload of beautiful eye candy, as the design team shared their favorite creations from 2011.  Then, we were challenged to make our own creation, inspired by one of theirs.  Oh my, so many wonderful choices!  I finally settled on this one from Maile Belles:
I just received the Circles Border die for Christmas, and I thought it would be fun to use it, as well as my Chevron Stripes set.  I decided to change it up with a more masculine palette, using smokey shadow, kraft and rustic white.  I used the sentiment and accents from Grunge Me.  Here is my card:

Thanks for stopping by, and be sure to get in on the Anniversary fun! :-)

4 comments:

Maile Belles said...

Love how you changed the orientation of the layout!

Chris Simon said...

Wow, what a great card! I love the masculine colors that you chose, and the way you mirrored the chevrons instead of having them all lined up the same way. I'm not at all surprised how many of us were inspired by Maile's card!

Marybeth said...

Great take on the card Maile made, love your color choice and perfect buttons! I think I like this more shhh don't tell Maile.

Jovan said...

AWESOME card!