Thursday, March 15, 2012

Make it Monday ~ Kissing Technique

Well I sat down to stamp yesterday and use the "kissing" technique, and realized that I only had one solid PTI stamp set, the new Beautiful Butterflies.  I wanted to use something different than the sample, so I pulled out "Great Friend" from Verve.  It has solid and outline stamps, so I thought it would work.  I stamped the three different flowers onto cream cardstock, using kraft ink.  Then I took Background Basics - Sheet Music, to do the technique.  This is just a super cool way of stamping, and I can't wait to try it again!  I used two Time Holtz distress inks, Vintage Photo and Tea Die.  Then I added the little leaves to fill in the background.  This was put on a Chocolate card base, and I added a ribbon treatment and the Little Labels oval sentiment. 


I added a little sparkle to the centers of the flowers with a Spica clear glitter pen.  This was so fun to make!  Thank you Heather, for teaching us another wonderful way to use our stamps!

4 comments:

Maureen said...

what a lovely card!! You can't go wrong with green and kraft and Verve! Hugs!

Brenda Yeager said...

Absolutely beautiful!! Nice job!

Kelly Griglione said...

ooooh, sheet music flowers ... love that combo! Will have to keep that in mind. Nice card!

Suzanne Russell said...

So rich looking int he subtle colors. Beautiful job on the challenge.