Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Make it Monday 62 - Layer it Up!

Today I made my cards for this week's Make it Monday challenge.  Betsy Veldman gave us a wonderful tutorial on how to build upon our cards, starting with one layer and building upon that. One of the suggestions she made was something I had never done, and that was to take some scrap paper to stamp a layout first.  Love that idea and I will do that a lot more!  My first card is my one layer card, using "It's a Jungle Out There" and "Botanical Silhouettes".


It's all on one layer of Ivory card stock.  The brush was repeatedly stamped across the bottom and up the sides.  Next up is my layered up version...


As you can see, the animals were cut out, stamped, and different thickness of adhesives used. (another great Betsy tip!)  I added the lattice punch right unto the stamped card stock, and the animals on top of that. I stamped the sentiment onto twill, and added a button and linen thread.  Everything was placed onto a Terracotta Tile card base.



And there you have it!  Great tutorial ~ Thanks Betsy!!

Happy Stamping!!

5 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

How adorable Luanne!! I don't have this set, but it's just too cute!! Great job!

PatQ's Cards said...

Great idea to use that set. It turned out great.

Jennifer aka Scrappin' Aggie said...

These cards are adorable! Lovely job!

Tracey McNeely said...

Luanne these are fantastic! You were really creative here.

Teresa Kline said...

hi, cute cards, I am checking in to see if you have seen this post....
http://vervestamps.blogspot.com/2012/04/verve-release-winners.html

enjoy *~*