Wednesday, May 23, 2012

For Marjorie

A sweet friend of mine has been diagnosed with breast cancer, and will start her treatments on Friday.  I wanted to send her a little encouragement her way so this card is going out tomorrow.  I know that she shares a great faith in the Lord, and will be seeking Him through the road ahead.


To make my card, I used this week's Make it Monday challenge.  I proud to say my three different patterns came from three different collections!  I usually take the easy way out, so this was a good stretch for me! :)  I've used May's Sketch for you to Try as my layout...


Card Base is Rustic White, Ribbon and Ink are New Leaf.  I've added three Kraft buttons on the lower stripe, they're a little hard to see on the prints.  The scripture verse is from Verve. 

3 comments:

Maureen said...

this is just gorgeous! You have used one of my favourite Verve sentiments. I used this very sentiment for a friend of mine who passed away last year. She had this very verse in the funeral leaflet. I will keep your friend in my prayers...let's hope they caught it early :) Hugs to you :)

Jill Norwood said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend having cancer! I lost my husband to brain cancer 3 months ago so I know how hard it is...I pray they caught it early and I know that God will walk with her and her family along the way. The gift of your friendship and love will be a great comfort I know! Everyone's cards and loving kindnesses given to my husband and our family meant so much throughout his fight! Your card is lovely...God Bless you and your friend!

Amy Sheffer said...

Such a lovely card, Luanne, I am sure it will bring comfort to your friend. I will keep her in my prayers. Hugs!