Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Make it Monday - Color Inspiration

This week's Make it Monday challenged us to use a photo's colors to use for inspiration.  I love to do this, and my Pinterest board is full of things I'd like to try!  We were given options to choose from, and this was mine.

I loved the texture and warmth of this photo, and tried to capture them!


I used a new, fabulous tool from Creative Memories (a birthday gift from my brother and sister-in-law!)
It's a large metal edge, that you use to tear your paper instead of die cutting.  I love the wonderful texture it added!  Each layer was stamped with a different background, even the rustic white that I used instead of Fine Linen, cause I don't have that yet.... :-)    I've got another card with a new colors in the works, hopefully I'll get it finished this evening. 

3 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

I agree! Great texture to those torn edges and such a great alternative to the punched scallops! Well done!

Suzanne Russell said...

What a cool gift for a crafter-I love the way you used it to make these fabric layers! Very original take on the challenge-great job. :)

Martha said...

Luanne, this is one of my favorites in the group! I love the colors and layers...well, actually, I love everything about it! Beautifully done!