Saturday, May 5, 2012

MIM #64 Pop of Color

I may need to try every color combination that Nicole gave us to inspire our creations this week!  This is my third card, this time using these beauties:


I pulled out Sending You to create.  I would never put these together on my own, so it was fun to try to make it work.  I love when Nicole makes backgrounds out of flower stamps, so I tried my hand at that.  I did some layering of dies to create my focal point, trying to incorporate the "rule of three".  It all made for a pop of color on this card!

Okay, so there isn't any Smokey Shadow, but I thought the deep purple was so pretty I just used that. There really is Pure Poppy on this card, it just is showing up as dark pink....I think it's my new camera, and I'm still figuring it out...  How fun has this Make it Monday been????  I've loved it! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is such a beautiful card. Well done!

Debbie S

victoria h said...

Love your stamped flowers and purple leaves.

Suzanne Russell said...

Love these vibrant colors, Luanne, and the way you assembled the background and the sentiment is really great.

My Paper Epiphany said...

I noticed your card earlier on papertrey ink blog - you did a fantastic job combining these colours! I had trouble with the grey too!

LEG Studios said...

Another lovely card, Luane! This is such a bold, eye-catching design. I love it!