Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MIM 65 - Paper Scrap Backgrounds

I was able to put together a Make it Monday card after work today, making backgrounds with paper scraps.  I had my choice of MANY scraps.... ;-)   I pulled these out, because I had the focal piece already stamped with colors that matched the papers.  After assembling the background, I used another scrap to put the flower image on.  Then I used my sewing machine to stitch an edge that made it look like it was embroidered on.  I used the Berry Sorbet ribbon to bring a little color to the left side, and then added my sentiment from Little Labels, using some foam squares.  A Simply Chartreuse button, and I was finished.


I've got to do this more, and get myself out of my self imposed paper jungle!    Thanks for a fantastic tutorial Dawn....Happy Stamping all....!

4 comments:

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Luanne, this is really pretty! I love your color choices!

Tracy said...

this is just lovely

Suzanne Russell said...

Beautiful color combo and arrangement of patterns, Luanne. great job with the challenge. Happy Mother's Day!

Jill Norwood said...

A gorgeous card! Love the color combo!