Thursday, May 3, 2012

MIM Butterfly Anniversary

Tried my hand at another color inspired challenge last night.  For this card, I chose this photo:


And here is my Butterfly Anniversary card:



I started with a Rustic White card base, and added my swirls with Simply Chartreuse.  I used Ashley's technique of getting second stamp with a softer color towards the center.  The flowers are from Lace Bouquet!  I did second stamps with those too.  I wanted to mimic the placement of the flowers in the shirt.  The Butterfly uses both Aqua Mist and Hawaiian Shores.  There are three layers, one onto the card base, then two die cuts.  One stamped in Aqua Mist and one in Hawaiian Shores.  I decided to "edge" the card with the Hawaiian Shores ink cube, relating to the banding on the shirt.    This was fun to make ~ I think my MOJO may be coming back...!

Happy Stamping!

14 comments:

Maureen said...

what a gorgeous colour combo! Reminds me of your buttons at the end of your posts :) You are rockin' these colour challenges!

Colleen said...

I love your card...the colors are so pretty together and it looks just like a sweet anniversary card!

Marybeth said...

Luanne! This is just gorgeous, I love this one! The colors are great and the flourishes are beautiful with the butterflies and flowers you added. You did good! :)

krismybliss said...

Your card is so pretty! Love what you did with the inspiration colors!

Carolyne Aarsen said...

Okay, so I picked the same combo but you knocked it out of the park! What a beautiful card.

Suzanne Russell said...

Wow! Luanne, this may be one of the prettiest cards you have ever made. Great job using the inspiration colors and the design is elegant!

Suzanne Russell said...

Wow! Luanne, this may be one of the prettiest cards you have ever made. Great job using the inspiration colors and the design is elegant!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is stunning Suzanne, so so pretty.

Linda said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colors. It is so elegant.

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

GORGEOUS CARD!!!!

Sew Sweet N Crafty said...

What stamps did you use on this card? I love them.

Sew Sweet N Crafty
SewSweetNCrafty.blogspot.com

LEG Studios said...

What a lovely card, Luanne! Love the combo of colors and your element balance is perfect!

merryf said...

This is beautiful! So soft and pretty!

Jeremy Tahat said...

What a beautiful card. Love the colors. It is so elegant.