Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trendy Tree Thanks!

Being a former quilter, I've always loved mixing prints for card making.  Betsy's great tutorial for this weeks Make it Monday just confirmed all I had learned from quilting.  For this card, I went with the monochromatic look, using three different prints from an old Stamping Up prints pack.  As Betsy said, it helps make it easy!


The largest pattern is on the bottom, with the subtle pattern in the middle.  I used three different shades of green on the trees to keep it interesting.  The tree trunks were embossed with a herringbone pattern for interest.  I used one of the patterns for the inside of my envelope.

6 comments:

Nancy Guse said...

This is lovely!! Great choice of stamps, dies and pattern papers.

Jill Norwood said...

Love your card! Love the papers you chose! So elegant and lovely!

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE this scene you have created, Luanne!! Great card!

Gerdine said...

Gorgeous!

victoria h said...

Lovely papers and cute red bird. Beautiful card.

Martha said...

Luanne, I absolutely love your creativity on this beautiful card! The papers you chose are perfect, and the trees are so adorable! Beautifully done!