Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Embellished Pocket Card

Today I have a Make it Monday card to share.  I had Lovely Layers sitting out, and couldn't resist using it, even though Dawn had used it in her super tutorial...  There are so many different ways to make this beautiful set. :-)  I used the leaves with stamping, and then I cut the middle layer with some Bitty Dot paper.  I also stamped the center, using Lemon Tart ink.  You can see it, just not so well in the photo. 


My embellishment was put on a Pocket Card, using Heather's tutorial from a few weeks ago.  I put my sides together with some Washi Tape, love using this easy way to seal it up!  The inside was stamped too...


I loved being able to use just the stamp inside.  I inked the larger size in Lemon Tart, and stamped it three times.  The card base is Enchanted Evening, and this is a color combination I might use again.  Thanks for coming by!

Luanne

9 comments:

Rebecca Deeprose said...

Very pretty pocket Luanne! Love the idea of the gift in the card~ super!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. I like all the elements on your card. Surprised to see the sunflower on the inside.

Colleen said...

It looks like those Lovely Layers can create a lot of different looks...you have shared a couple of them and they are great! Nice touch with the washi tape for sealing the 'pocket'!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a fabulous embellishment Luanne.

Sarah Mailloux said...

I wish I would have known about the washi tape trick earlier- mine didn't turn out so well! I love the color combo you used here!

BethieJ said...

This is so CUTE Luanne I LOVE that taping idea! Must remember that!!
Have a GREAT day!

craftmates said...

Beautiful card Luanne! Love your flower. Fabulous use of washi tape. I should try that some time. - Irma

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Luanne! First, I wanted to say that I LOVE your blog title. We're kind of the same way - my hubby buys very expensive toys that helps me to justify my addiction to scrapping. LOL
Your PTI card is wonderful and really inspired me, so thanks for sharing it!
I have some blog candy and would love to have you stop by. I'd be honored to follow you as well. I got a lot of inspiration from you!

I also have a fun challenge blog where your beautiful art would be such a blessing to us. I hope you will check it out and play along here:
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Thanks for blessing and inspiring me. Hope you have a blessed week!
Karen L
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Jill Norwood said...

This is so pretty! Love the color combo!