Sunday, June 17, 2012

MIM Whale Wishes

Hope you've had a Happy Father's Day, and were able to remember your dad in some special way today.  My dad is in Michigan, and having phone problems, so I'm waiting for him to give me a call.  I've been blessed with a wonderful Dad and I'm very thankful for that.

I had a little time to make a card this afternoon, and wanted to try out this week's Make it Monday.  I decided to use my cute little Whale die to make my card.  He's puffed up with some layers of quilt batting, as I don't have any fun foam.  The waves were made with the rickrack die, in different shades of blues and greens. 


I'm a sucker for any thing blue and/or green, so this was a fun one for me.  The fabric is actually navy blue, but it's a little hard to tell from the photo.  Thanks for coming by and have a fabulous week!

Luanne

4 comments:

Helen F. said...

Such a cute idea, Luanne. Love the ricrack die as the waves!

Marlena M. said...

Oh this is darling! Gorgeous waves Luanne.

Marybeth said...

Love the waves on this sweet card. The puffed whale is just adorable. Luanne thanks for letting me know that Nichole featured me on FB I had no idea and probably would have missed it. It was a fun surprise. Take care and thank you.

Kathy Mc said...

Luanne, your "puffed up" whale is adorable resting on your rick-rack waves. Very clever! (Thanks for your kind comment also.)