Thursday, August 30, 2012

MIM #80 Twinkle

So I had to give this garland thing another try this morning  (even though I should be working on other things....!)  I really wanted to give Ashley's technique a try, and it worked really well!  I came across this older sentiment, and decided to use it with some star die cuts.  After cutting them out with Lemon Tart and white, I used my yellow Baker's Twine to crisscross the top. 


I went with pink colors for a girly card, and decided to leave the inside blank, thinking this could be used for more than just a baby card.  I topped a couple of the stars with some rhinestones to add a little sparkle (wish they didn't look black...rrr)  This was fun!

Off to work now... :)
Luanne
 

8 comments:

Marlena M. said...

So sweet~gorgeous stars!

Leigh said...

I love your star garlands, Luanne and the sentiment in the oval frame!

Jacquie Southas said...

love the multiple lines of the garland on your card - variety of stars is great!

artful-notions said...

Just a great looking card.love how the multiple banners filled the negative space.

landerson213 said...

This one is gorgeous as well! Love all those stars! :)

Lauren
http://laurenslittlecraftyplace.blogspot.com/

craftmates said...

GOrgeous card! Love all those stars! - Irma

Carol said...

Love the stars!! Gonna try it next time! TFS!

LEG Studios said...

Oh, how pretty! I love the multiple garland strands with the various stars. It's a perfect match for your sentiment!