Sunday, August 5, 2012

MIM Sympathy Card

Today I'm sharing one more Make it Monday card.  I sat down to do a Sympathy card, and the bleach was still on my table, so...  I had to freshen the bleach a little, and then I stamped Watercolor Trio branches with the bleach.  Then I used markers to stamp the stems and flowers.  The card was embossed with Tin Types, and then I cut the top half with an edger die.  I used a bit of Autumn Rose ribbon, and my Fillable Frames #10 was popped up with dimensionals.  The sentiment is from a Just Rite set. 


I think the bleached parts really make the branches stand out.  It was fun to use some of my new products from Stamp-a-Faire. 

On a personal note - yesterday I took a day trip to Indiana to meet up with some of my kids and grandkids.  They were school shopping, as they start back up on August 15th!  Addison will be in 1st grade, and Aidan will start kindergarten.  It was so fun to see them (how do you like those missing teeth??)  This picture just made me smile all over!



Hope you've had a great weekend too!  Happy Stamping.....

7 comments:

angelabranon said...

What a beautiful card. The background bleaching really worked well with the detailed flowers.

Jill Norwood said...

Your card is so lovely and elegant! I like this technique with the flowers you chose! :)

Leigh said...

Gorgeous card, Luanne! And what beautiful grandchildren you have!

IamDerby said...

A very pretty card! I really like the frame with the sentiment.

IamDerby said...

A very pretty card! I really like the frame with the sentiment.

Emma said...

I love the distressed effect the markers give. Beautiful card Luanne.

andie librandi. said...

This sympathy card is just beautiful! You're right, the bleach really made the branches pop!