Saturday, August 25, 2012

PTI August Blog Hop!

  It's the day where we all share our PTI creations, based on these super photos...


So full of Fall textures!  I decided I was going to make a birthday card for my son, using fabrics (MIM territory too!) that I used when I made him a quilt when he graduated from high school.  He'll be turning 33, so these fabrics have been in my stash for a while...lol!

 
I used my new herringbone background stamp on just half of the card.  I chose three different fabrics, but I have to tell you, I had over 20 masculine fabrics on his quilt, in navy, kraft and dark green prints.  I wish I had a picture of it to show you, but I can tell you it has been well loved. :)
 
The "happy" was cut from Pretty Peonies, and the Birthday was selectively inked from Think Big Favorites.  I used two of the Bloom die cuts, and the leaf was cut with TANL, using the same fabric as the happy die.  The card base and ink are a really old SU color called Forest Foliage, that matched the fabric perfectly!  The button is kraft, and it's sewed on with some twine.  Thanks for stopping by today, enjoy all of the hop!
 
Luanne
 

9 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Awesome card. Love all the different patterns you used. I like how you stamped the herringbone on only part of the card.

A Crafty Person said...

Great card! I like all the masculine tones you used.

Tracey McNeely said...

Luanne this is a great card, I love how you used the Pretty Peonies die with the think big stamp.

Rhonda said...

Great scale of patterns Luanne. Pretty.

Maureen said...

love all the textile textures...and staming on kraft isi always a favourite :) So happy to see you last night at the party...did you order anything?

Leigh said...

Ooh, another card with lots of great texture! You are rocking the challenge, Luanne!

Joyce said...

What a wonderful card, and also the story of the quilt. Love all the different textures you used.

Peggysue Turner said...

Very nice story to go along with the card. Lots of great texture here, I'm sure your son will love it!

DoodleSuze said...

Gorgeous .. Love the texture!