Saturday, August 18, 2012

Stitching Time!

Okay, so now I know why I don't do counted cross stitch anymore!  Heather challenged us to do a little stitching on our stamped images this week, and I soon realized that my eyes aren't what they used to be. :)  Of course, she made it easier with the great instructions where we used a paper piercer to create the holes first.  I wanted to use my Quilter's Sampler set for this fun technique.


Here is a closer look at the stitching...



I first stamped the blocks, and then colored them with copics.  It was easy to add the stitched border, and then I added the buttons for the finishing touch.  The card base and buttons are Winter Wisteria. 
Thanks for stopping by!

Luanne

5 comments:

Emma said...

Lovely card Luanne. Your stitching looks great!

Helen F. said...

Oh Luanne, this quilt is so perfect for the stitching technique! love the sentiment and button accents :)

artful-notions said...

Colors are lovely. Stitching accents the stamps beautifully. I agree, its the perfect stamp set for the challenge!

Jacquie Southas said...

soft & pretty - what a perfect stamp set for a stitching challenge!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great job with the challenge. Lovely card.