Tuesday, September 25, 2012

September PIT Blog Hop

Hooray, it's time for another one of PTI's fabulous Blog Hops.  Each month we are given a challenge and then on the 25th of the month, we post them for all to see.  September's challenge was to use fabric and/or felt, to make some kind of packaging element.  I chose to make a tag for Christmas, even though I haven't purchased a single thing yet!

 
I used Pure Poppy and Harvest Gold for my poinsettia, and the leaves were cut from left over fabric from a Make it Monday challenge, cutting fabric with your dies.  They worked just great.  The burlap tag was a find a Hobby Lobby a while ago.  I then thread the Pure Poppy Swiss Dot ribbon right through the burlap, and tied it up with a piece of red bakers twine.  Now I just need to buy a gift to put it on....!  Enjoy the Hop!

 

14 comments:

Steph Hilt said...

This is so beautiful! I love the felt and burlap combo. Very rustic yet sophisticated!

Leigh said...

Great tag! I love all of the texture!

Maureen said...

oh, love the burlap with the felt! I totally came up with a blank on this one...so sat out this month :) so now I'm loving what other's did :) hugs!

Karen C. said...

The felt and burlap create a real 'homespun' look. Love the colour scheme as well - very bright and cheery!!

Marybeth said...

Love your burlap tag, with the bright red poinsettia . Just so adorable Luanne.

BethieJ said...

Your tag is LOVELY!! That burlap is the perfect touch!!! and I LOVE that big poinsettia!!
Have a GREAT day!

Tracey McNeely said...

Excellent tag Luanne, love the colours!

Scrappin4kim(Jennifer) said...

Love this simple but very rustic tag!! I'll be doing one of these!!

carol (krillsister) said...

Great tag, Love the combination of the burlap & felt.

Lisa said...

This is lovely Luanne, love the texture!

Jacquie Southas said...

love the colors & texture of your tag!

Jade said...

I love the rustic feel of this! Beautiful!

~amy~ said...

What a fun tag!

LEG Studios said...

Love all the texture! Great job!