Sunday, October 28, 2012

MIM #88 - Home.

This week's Make it Monday, was a challenge from Erin to use positive and negative die cuts.  I had in mind what I wanted to do, as I just received my Boards & Beams dies this week.  I love how they work!  I know I'll use this set even more, because I love the dimension it gave!


I used a neutral color pallet, as I have two Realtors that use them for thank-you notes to their customers.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but after die cutting the center with a nestability, I die cut the fence all the way across.  Then after stamping the house on white and adhering it to the bottom panel, I stamped the fence all the way.  Then I added the top portion of the frame.  The topiaries where adhered to the inside of the frame with glue.  Then the trees were adhered with dimensionals.  It really gave that extra element.of pop!

Enjoy your week!
Luanne
 

6 comments:

artful-notions said...

Love how you used dimensions in this card. Nice colors too. Looks like you had a lot of fun doing it.

Marybeth said...

I love the card you made Luanne! Love the colors and every tiny detail that went into this beautiful home. (card) Great way to use the negative!

Tricia said...

You made such a sweet card.....you are making me rethink that stamp set!!!

sanketi said...

I love this stamp set and what you did with it..Beautiful Luanne!

LEG Studios said...

This is a great card, Luanne. It's the perfection application to the MIM technique!! Oh, how I've been fighting the urge to buy the B&B set and dies!

carol (krillsister) said...

Gorgeous card. Love all the dimensions. congratulations on your shout out! Well deserved.