Thursday, October 11, 2012

MIM Autumn Birthday

Just popping in to share another one of my Fall Birthday cards!  (Have I mentioned I have a lot of them from Sept-Nov??)  I used my hexagon coverplate for this one...
 
 
Using some pattern paper scraps, I cut the hexagons, and place them into the Terracotta Tile cut die, placing it on top of a Terracotta Tile piece of card stock.  I left out most of the hexagons on the left, but filled in the little border and edges on the right.  It gives it a ton of texture.  The image was stamped on a piece of textured cardstock, and then colored with copics.  It looks a little like fabric/needlework up close, really cool!  It's popped up on a a half & half die, and just an edge of patterned paper was tucked in at the bottom. 
 
 
 
Adding the front to a Rustic White card, let me decorate the inside for this week's Make it Monday challenge.  I stamped the single house in Terracotta Tile, and the row of trees with Simply Chartreuse.  The sentiment was stamped with Memento Ink.  This is for a guy, do you think it's masculine enough??
 
Have a great day all!
Luanne
 
 
 


3 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely beautiful!

nancy jane said...

This is a wonderful card, Luanne. The tone-on-tone of the hexagons in the rich Terracotta Tile color is magnificent. I like how you layered the half & half die cuts, too.

Jen said...

oh, i always love the hexagons!!! your card is great!! thanks so for stopping by my stampin spot!!