Thursday, October 25, 2012

PTI October Blog Hop!

Today we all share our October PTI Blog Hop creations!  I had a lot of fun with this one, a non-traditional Holiday color schemes challenge....  I chose this one,
Color-group-3
I loved the gray and aqua combination, and knew it would work well with the stamps I purchased for my Christmas cards this year!  It was a good opportunity to start!
My card base is Ocean Tides.  Aggh!  My last piece, so it's now on my list for my next order.  The pine branches are stamped in Ocean Tides too.  My sentiment was stamped with Smokey Shadow on a piece of light gray (don't have any Soft Stone..yet!)  I stamped the branches around the sentiment, and then put it into a Fabulous Frames die cut with Aqua Mist.  The pine cones were stamped in a light gray from Versafine.  All the branches and cones are highlighted with a Spica clear glitter pen.  I wish I could have captured that, because it really adds sparkle!

Enjoy the rest of the Hop!  Thanks for stopping by...
Luanne

14 comments:

craftmates said...

LOve the way you used the piencones with the fab frame! - Irma

Marybeth said...

Luanne, this is gorgeous! I love your new pinecone stamps and dies….. almost bought those. Ugggg. Looks great the way you framed the sentiment.

Karen C. said...

I really like your card design with the the sentiment in the frame and the pinecones/branches below. Great job!

Jen Adcock said...

Just wow! What a class act! Exquisitely well done. The composition is perfect. The sentiment is really showcased wonderfully as placed. Brava!

angelabranon said...

Very nicely crafted card.

carol (krillsister) said...

Great card. Love how you palced the sentiment in the fabulous frame.

Tracey McNeely said...

So so pretty, love your card.

laughadaisy said...

This is such a lovely card. I love how you used the color combo, with all those beautiful pine brances and cones. And I love how you framed out the sentiment. Perfect. ;-)

Jacquie Southas said...

great stamp set to use with this color palette!

Maureen said...

I was really drawn to these colours too! I didn't know if I needed those pinecones and you are making me kick myself! LOL Thanks for the kind words in the PTI forum...I commented too :) Hugs dear friend!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

This looks great! I love your layout and how well it showcases the sentiment so perfectly!

frommycraftroom said...

Great card. TFS.

LEG Studios said...

Just beautiful, Luanne!! I love the pine branches stamped inside your frame - great detail!

victoria h said...

Gorgeous card