Thursday, November 22, 2012

Two Challenges Today

Well, the turkey is in the oven, and I thought I'd take some time post a card I've made for two challenges, something I rarely have time to figure out!  But the colors in the CTD219 challenge screamed to play today!


I've also used the Make it Monday challenge from Melissa, to use vellum on our project.  Well, I purchased Lovely Layers after seeing Betsy's fabulous card here: http://scrapbookgirl.typepad.com/paper_scissors_and_superh/2012/06/june-2012-papertrey-ink-release.html  so I finally got to make one using her pretty vellum flower!  I added aqua glitter and mica flakes to my petals.  And I'm really happy with the results!

 


You can see the glitter a litter better in a close up...


The sentiment is an old favorite set from Stampin Up.  I've made multiples of this card, which will be included in a box of Thank You cards for my daughter and daughter in law's for Christmas.  They will all be cards that have been pinned into my Card Inspirations board on Pinterest, just my own version of them. 

Thanks for looking!  Enjoy your day no matter how you celebrate!
Luanne

7 comments:

Leigh said...

What a great colour combo and I love how you used it on your super pretty card!

artful-notions said...

What a lovely way to use one of my favorite stamp sets. The glittered flower is too pretty!

Marybeth said...

Love the colors. Beautiful flower with the added vellum,love it. Seems like vellum and glitter you can't go wrong. Hope that turkey was good. I know our was.

Marlena M. said...

Beautiful combo of challenges Luanne! I love the floral layers~

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design... love the vellum flower. Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

Tracey McNeely said...

Luanne your card is beautiful, I love the glitter!

Joan Ervin said...

Your vellum flower is absolutely gorgeous and I love all the sparkle!!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!