Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Penguin Thanks for PTI Blog Hop!

I just had to make another card for this month's Blog Hop for Papertrey Ink. I wanted to work on more Christmas Thank You notes, and I pulled on the cute Winter Penguin set for something different.  Again, much trouble taking a picture, cause it's pretty fun IRL!




First I tore a sheet of Bitty Dot Soft Stone paper for my sky.  I added the snowflakes in Versamark, and heat embossed them with Stardust EP.  The penguins were cut and stamped with Soft Stone and the caps with Sweet Blush.  I used Betsy's technique for sentiments, by covering parts of two sentiments for creating my own.  The word "so" from a sentiment from Mat Stack #4, was changed into "snow" from the Winter Penguin set.  I added the little swirl on each side with more Stardust EP.
Thanks for taking a look!  Happy Hopping!
Luanne



11 comments:

Helen F. said...

Luanne, this card is so adorable. Love those little penguin guys~they look like they are dancing on the snow :o)

Kara said...

totally adorable!

Betty Wright said...

So sweet, Luanne! I LOVE PENGUINS!

Peggysue Turner said...

Made me smile! :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Luanne, these are a happy looking bunch, lovely and fun card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the sentiment you created & the glittery snowflakes!

Greta said...

Totally adorable!

Sudha said...

Pretty sweet. I love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Marlena M. said...

I love these lil' guys! Too cute~

artful-notions said...

Love how you kept it a 'whitish' theme. Adoreable!

Leigh said...

So sweet!