Saturday, February 23, 2013

MIM Pinwheels


This week we had a super fun tutorial from Ashley, on how to create your own pinwheels!  She showed us several different ways to start from dies, and I decided to make mine with an older square punch with scallops.  I used the fun yellow and gray combination that is so popular right now.  On the yellow bitty dot paper, I stamped a couple of Fancy Flourishes with Versafine Grey.  The sentiment is stamped in Smokey Shadow ink and is from Simple Sunflower.  I've used some Soft Stone stripe paper for my scalloped edge.  The centers of the pinwheels are black dew drops.  What a fun and easy way to create pinwheels!

Happy Saturday all!
Luanne

2 comments:

artful-notions said...

Loving grey and yellow. Your card's adoreable!

bjmartin said...

The scalloped square made such pretty pinwheels! Great job!