Sunday, March 17, 2013

Clearly Butterfly

I've made another card for this week's Make it Monday.  I really wanted to use Beautiful Butterflies, but as you know, there isn't an outline for copic coloring.  So, I decided to *wing* it, with my markers.   Here are the copics I used:


I started by coloring all over the butterfly with the lightest, and then used the next two for my shading, working from the inside out.  Then I used the BG78 for my spots.  I had a little inspiration from this photo, from Tuesday Trigger at Moxie Fab World.

I was inspired by that awesome butterfly on her veil, and the gorgeous colors!  I love anything aqua or green, just ask my hubby!!



I used some black Zva bling for it's trail, and a silver gel pen to make a little border to ground the panel.  That panel was backed with Aqua Mist card stock.  The inside panel was backed in Smokey Shadow, so when the card is closed, you get another edge showing. You can see it a little better here...


Last, I added a Little Label, cut with Aqua Mist, and stamped with Ocean Tides and Smokey Shadow.  The center and antennas are of 1/8 black satin ribbon.   Thanks for looking, I'm eager to do some more stamping this afternoon!

Luanne

3 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful card that is perfect for both challenges!

artful-notions said...

Lovely how the rhinestones trail from the butterfly, and then off the page! Beautiful coloring.

Cath said...

Hey Luanne! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)