Tuesday, April 2, 2013

MIM 110 - Collage Elements

Oh my goodness! I had so much fun whipping up a card this morning after seeing Dawn's Make it Monday video!  You can find it here to play along.  I've always loved collage stamps, but never had any luck with the finished look, so doing it on my own was so awesome.  I had an idea in my mind to use music notes and the sentiment from Happy Trails about a song...


So this is my finished card.  I was going to cut the bird (from Iconic Images) and pop him up, but it looked pretty good, so I left it.  I made him a robin, because growing up in Michigan, hearing them sing was always a sign of Spring!  The branch is from Birds and Blooms, and I inked the robin's branch in the same green (Ripe Avocado) and stamped right over the branch.  The postage background is in Kraft, and the filigree image is from the Over and Under set in Pure Poppy.  *Sigh*... I actually really like how this turned out.  Don't you love when that happens??

Have a great day all,
Luanne

22 comments:

Kathryn A said...

Love this card!

Marlena M. said...

This is BEAUTIFUL!

Leigh said...

Oh, gosh, this is gorgeous, Luanne! Fabulous stamped collage!

Teresa said...

Beautiful collage! I love the way your Robbin turned out.

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely card. I need to view this video and find some time to play along.

Suzanne B. Webb said...

Oh, wow, that card is just gorgeous, you did an awesome job with eh collage!

Tonya Jastad said...

Great job!

Karen C said...

The layering is gorgeous!

Suzanne Russell said...

Brilliant! I love everything about it, Luanne!

Marcia said...

This is SO pretty...you did an amazing job! :0)

myrepeatingpatterns said...

Beautiful collage! I love the sentiment.

Lindsey said...

This is fabulous! I think these stamps were all meant to be together...it looks just like a piece of patterned paper. Beautifully done!

Marybeth said...

Luanne this is gorgeous! Such a pretty card and I can see why it would be fun. Love the music and the bird

the primitive country bug said...

Your card is so pretty. I love anything with birds and this is just perfect.

Martha said...

Luanne, I love your take on the MIM video. Love the stamp combination. Beautifully done!

Elizabeth S. said...

This is so pretty! Love the bird.

Tracy said...

Now Luanne - this is MUCH better than some old collage stamp :-) You're not limited in any way and can collage-away. It's lovely. So many wonderful choices and nicely balanced. make some more!

craftmates said...

Wow! What a beautiful collage card! You nailed the challenge. - Irma

Steph Hilt said...

Awesome card Luanne! I love thar sentiment and your use of collage elements. This would work well for a masculine card too. Nicely done!

nancy jane said...

Luanne, this is the perfect mix of stamps put together in just the right way to end up with a glorious card. I just opened wide three windows and can hear the birds singing, just what your card evokes.

Jenny said...

What a great job on the collage! It all works so well together.

Heather DG said...

So pretty!!! This would make an awesome Christmas card as well!!