Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Trigger Moxie Make it Monday!

I've made this card for a co-worker that is leaving us next week to pursue his career as an accountant.  He's a nice young man, and plans to just study for the next month, before he takes the CPA exams.

Two Challenges ~ One card!  First, I was inspired by this awesome photo for Tuesday Trigger, from Moxie Fab World! I used the colors with some gold polka dot papers from Lily Bee as my sentiment base. 
I chose a little deeper aqua (Hawaiian Shores) so those white letters would pop!



I thought how perfectly it would work for this week's  Make it Monday #112 - Embossed Alpha die cuts!
Here is my card for Jordan...




I wanted a little bit of interest in the background, so first I embossed it with the canvas impression plate. Then I stamped clouds (from Up,Up and Away) in Fresh Snow and a the little car (from Enjoy the Ride) in Versamark.  The letters were die cut (lower alpha dies) and then embossed with clear EP.  They were mounted with little pieces of foam tape.  The great sentiment (from Verve's Words of Wisdom) was masked off so I could use the word *dreams*. The little arrows are as well.  Here's a close up...

I used a sentiment from Up Up and Away in the inside that says "the sky's the limit!" I think he'll like it :)

That's it for today!  

5 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

What a perfect card for the circumstances of this young man! Your white letters really pop on this stunner.

artful-notions said...

Great card, Cathy for both challenges.

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Wonderful take on the trigger!

Cath said...

Hey Luanne! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Helen F. said...

Fun and fabulous card for MIM and TT, Luanne!