Friday, May 10, 2013

Make It Monday #115: Beyond Paper with Impression Plates

Had to put on my thinking cap for this one!  No aluminum tape, but foil.  Wait, foil is too flimsy!  So... I pulled out my sticker machine and after I ran the foil through it, there was enough stability to run it through the cuttlebug to emboss!  I had to leave the backing on, so it was adhered with my tape runner.


This is going to my step-daughter later this month for her birthday.  It's on a Blueberry Sky base, and I stamped some white clouds from Up,Up and Away across the top.  I used a scissors and followed the curves of the waves. The flip-flops have sequins that a forum friend sent me, with a little rhinestone added in the middle. :)   Now...I'd really like to think up another item to impress.  

Yippee! It's Friday, and I don't have to work tomorrow!!!  Happy weekend to you!

Luanne

6 comments:

Alex said...

Oh, what a clever idea running the foil through the sticker machine! This card is awesome, your step-daughter is going to love it!

Helen F. said...

Fun card, Luanne! Love the beach scene and the 'foil' waves :)

Carolanne said...

Oh my goodness! This is so creative and adorable!

artful-notions said...

Oh this is not only clever, but cutest idea ever! Beautiful waves, sweetest embellished flip flops. Well done!

Kathryn A said...

I love your embossed waves, and how you've cut them to go around the curves. It seems to add movement.

Amanda said...

I love how you did the waves! So clever. The flip flops are adorable too. ;)