Friday, May 3, 2013

Make it Monday - Blown Ink

For this week's Make it Monday, Dawn McVey taught us how to use reinkers with a straw to create unique backgrounds.  Using my Ocean Tides reinker with little drops and strong blowing, I got a lot of little spiky streaks.  Perfect for my plan, to use Funky Flowers, the flower that "bursts"!


My flowers were stamped with Royal Velvet and Winter Wisteria, and then I heat embossed the centers with Versamark and Butter EP.  I finished them off with a little pearl center.  Happy with the results ~ thanks Dawn for showing us how to do this!  You can find her tutorial here.

Have a great weekend!
Luanne

5 comments:

Leigh said...

I love what you did with the technique, Luanne! This looks great! Wonderful colour combo, too!

artful-notions said...

Big fan of how you conrtrolled where the ink went! Also like the colors. Great card!

Kathryn A said...

Love these colours! Great card!

nancy jane said...

Love how you controlled the direction of the ink rather than the other way around. Those spikes of color look just right as a backdrop to the funky flowers.

Cassie_lu said...

love how those green splatters look like they could be leaves or even fresh steams.