Saturday, May 25, 2013

May PTI Blog Hop

After being sick all week, I wasn't sure I'd be able to play this months Blog Hop!  The perfect cure to get going, was receiving my May order, which included Ruby Rose!  What a fun set to play around with.  This month was a flower color challenge, and I chose this bouquet:

6-Shades-of-Purple-Bouquet

Such luscious colors!  After stamping a bunch of blooms in these colors, I placed them on a Mat Stack 5 die cut of Soft Stone until I liked the arrangement.  Then it was popped up with foam tape on a stripe and polka dot base of Soft Stone prints.  The sentiment is stamped with Royal Velvet, and I added a few pearls for embellishments.

I left out the Blueberry Sky flowers.  It just was a little too much for this bouquet.  I love the finished card, and now I'm off to visit all of your posts!

You can find the link to the hop here!

Hugs ~ Luanne

9 comments:

Karen C. said...

The Royal Velvet leaves create a very dramatic card. I never would have thought to try that colour. Stunning look!!

Leigh said...

Oooh, I love how you used the new Ruby Rose stamp set, Luanne! This is so pretty!

Larissa Heskett said...

Oh WOW!! This is SO BEAUTIFUL!! I LOVE your Take on the Bouquet Color Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS Memorial Day Weekend!! =)

Annheidel said...

Pretty colors! I love this new floral set.

Anna (doctorfoodie) said...

Beautiful! Love the dark leaves, they are so dramatic.

Kara said...

This is so pretty!!! This set must come home with me!! :)

Maureen said...

gorgeous, Luanne! I do have to order Dawn's new set :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog about meeting me at SAF...it was a thrill for me too...a trip of a lifetime!

craftmates said...

What a lovely card. That set is fabulous-Irma

artful-notions said...

Luanne, this is a stunner! The shapes, colors, the pearls, really great! Leaving out the blue gave the purples a show of their own!