Sunday, June 9, 2013

MIM Flagged Borders

Just wanted to make a little card today.  I haven't been able to stamp all week, as work has been super busy.  This is just what I needed to relax this afternoon, as I worked at church this weekend too.




I pulled out some fun splashy colored papers from my stash to make this.  I started to make four little cupcakes from Tremendous Treats - Valentines, but opted for the larger one from Baby Button Bits.  I paper pieced the cupcake paper, and found the perfect "cherry" button in my Holiday Mix Buttons! (I love it when that happens!)  I stamped just the cherry stem on the card, and then glued the cut out cupcake in place.  What a great and fun way to use up some scraps.  I used 4 dies to make this, the double ended banner die, a half & half die, the beautiful beads die (which I notched the larger edge with a square punch, and a smaller banner die from Verve.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up, and everything else is from PTI.

Have a great week ~ tomorrow the fun begins at PTI!

1 comment:

artful-notions said...

Isn't crafting the greatest de-stressor? Great, happy card with a sweet cupcake topper!