Wednesday, July 31, 2013

MIM Happy Birthday Heather!



Have you ever had a set surprise you? One that you liked, and then loved, and then wondered what you did before you had it?  It's totally Ruby Rose for me!  I'm so glad I have it, it's one of the best flower sets ever!  (Thank you Dawn!)  Today, I've used it with my Make it Monday card, Double Background stamping.  I used a piece of Fine Linen card stock as my base.  I stamped Background Basics - Postmarks with Versamark Ink, and then used Fancy Flourishes on top of it, stamping with Fine Linen ink.  I first made the flowers with Spring Rain, and they just faded too much into the background, so I made them again with Blueberry Sky...much better!  The leaves are cut and stamped with Simply Chartreuse.  It was all put onto a white card base, which really brightened it up.  Hope she likes it!

Luanne

4 comments:

Marcia said...

What a pretty card! Love your background combination too...lovely, lovely! :0)

Kathryn A said...

Love that colour blue!! I'm sure the recipient will love your card. (I almost used BB:Postmarks, too--love that background.)

Leigh Penner said...

Ooh, I love your combined stamped background and those pretty flowers really pop!

Betty Wright said...

I just love this beautiful color combo and how you just set off each element beautifully! Great tonal flowers pop from that double stamped background! Lovely card!