Sunday, August 4, 2013

Double Background Sunflowers

Well, we had a great trip to Indianapolis this weekend for a bridal shower for my daughter!  It was very lovely, given by my two daughter in laws.  There were over 40 people there!  We came home this morning so my hubby could get to work, so I've had time to stamp this afternoon.  I pulled out some new MME papers, that reminded me of this months color play from Papertrey Ink.  I paired it up with this week's Make it Monday ,Double Backgrounds.


My background was stamped directly onto the card base.  First I used a cheesecloth background, and randomly stamped with Fine Linen Ink.  Then I used a frilly leaf spray from Turning a New Leaf, and stamped with Spring Moss after stamping off once.  I love how subtle it looks!  The sunflowers were cut from Lemon Tart, and then stamped with Harvest Gold.  I think these colors are a sneak peak to fall ~ just around the corner...  Have a super week!

Luanne

4 comments:

Kathryn A said...

I love everything about your card! The subtle background (cheesecloth? You'll have to explain that one to me), and those great sunflowers, which really stand out!

Tonya Jastad said...

This is beautiful Luanne!

Lizzie Jones said...

Your card is lovely, Luanne! Such a cheerful trio of sunflowers. I can't help but smile when I see sunflowers!

Kathy Cotton said...

I love the He Golfs - I Stamp......that's the way it is here too. And I love your card and that's the KS state flower where we're from so the Sunflower is my favorite. Beautiful card! I love it.