Sunday, September 22, 2013

Make it Monday and a few pics!


Well, we had a wonderful and exhausting time this weekend!  My daughter is now a married lady to a great guy.  We laughed and cried and had a blast.  We got home and I totally crashed.  But once I woke up, I was in the mood to create a little before the new week starts.  I had some new things to play with too! :-)


I used the Simple Circles border die to create some snow for the new sled.  Instead of changing colors, I changed textures using different whites.  The top layer is from the tissue paper my stamp set came in!  I added my sentiment with ink and versamark, and then heat embossed with Stardust embossing powder.  I added some layers of the new snowflake dies that were cut with Soft Stone bitty dot papers.  I just love this new sled and can't wait to make my Christmas cards with it!

I have a couple of snaps to show you from the wedding.  I didn't take any during the ceremony, so I'll share those later when my family & friends send them my way.  I just wanted to enjoy the moment!  The first shot was from a Surprise Bridal Party get together on Saturday morning.  We went to the Starbucks where Stacie and Marcus met.  She loved it!  This is my oldest granddaughter, Addison.  She was one of the Flower Girls.



This is her Matron of Honor, Jessica, one of three "Sister-Cousins" that stood up with her.  Stacie wore my wedding gown from 1975.  She had the bodice changed a little, but the back stayed as it was.


She was radiant!  She also is wearing a set of my Mother's pearls.  

The flowers were gorgeous too, and we were able to bring a big bouquet home with us!


I'm so thankful too, for the beautiful Fall day that the Lord gave us!  It could not have been nicer!

Thanks for stopping by today, and letting me share some happy memories!

Luanne


4 comments:

Helen F. said...

Fabulous snowy card, Luanne! Love this new sled stamp/die ~ I have to move that one up on the ol Wish List :)
Thanks for sharing your beautiful family photos with us, can't wait to see more from the wedding

Rema said...

Awesome card! Love that sled. I didn't get this set, now I wish I did.

Martha said...

Luanne, this is such a BEAUTIFUL card! Great design!

What lovely photos you've shared!

LEG Studios said...

Fabulous card! Glad the wedding festivities went so well!