Saturday, November 9, 2013

Happy 90th Birthday!

My wonderful Mother in Law is turning 90 this month.  Although we celebrated as a family this summer when we were together, I wanted to make another card to mail to her on her special day.  I chose papers from Stella Rose Hattie collection as a starting point.  Perfect for a fall card, but not too traditional.




The square frame is from Over/Under Easy, using this week's Make it Monday challenge.  The numbers are die-cuts from MFT.  The Mums are from Mum's the Word, using Fine Linen card stock and ink.  I wanted to add a little sparkle, so I added some using a clear Spica Glitter pen to the petals.


Maybe you can see it in the close up,  but it sure was hard to show!  I'm starting to work on Christmas cards now.....!

Have a great day ~ Luanne

4 comments:

Kathryn A said...

Wow! 90? That's awesome! And she is sure to like this fabulous card!

Kristii said...

What a fabulous card for a very special occasion! Love it!

artful-notions said...

She'll love this Luanne! You framed her remarkable age perfectly!

Kathy Mc said...

Well done, Luanne. I'm sure your MIL will love her special card in honor of her BIG milestone. Happy 90th to her!