Saturday, November 2, 2013

Make it Monday 138- Inlaid Die-Cuts

I woke up this morning and had in my mind to use Up, Up and Away for this week's Make it Monday. Then when I got to my craft table, I realized that the die for the balloons was all in one.  So I went with plan B, a fall birthday card for my Dad.


It was really easy to do, and I love the effect of the leaves in the background.  The colors are Canyon Clay, Harvest Gold and Simply Chartreuse.  The die-cut is stamped with the Herringbone Background, and the sentiment is stamped in Dark Chocolate.  Here is a close up of the "happy"...


Love the texture it gives!  You can find the challenge here.

4 comments:

Nancy Guse said...

Beautiful card! I love the fall colored leaves and the herringbone pattern on the word happy.

Kathryn A said...

I was going to say the same as Nancy--gorgeous fall colours--great card!

Kristii said...

Very pretty! Love the colors and the leaves and your take on the technique is fabulous!

Marybeth said...

Oh I just adore all your gorgeous stamping and the inlay. Beautiful card!