Thursday, December 26, 2013

Papertrey Ink December Blog Hop

I had a great time making cards this afternoon.  We celebrated over the weekend with my children, and so we were pretty low key today. It was wonderful. I had a lot of new things to try out, so I made quite a few!

This first card features the Scentimentals set.  I am an avid coffee drinker, so I used that image with my brown/string choices.  I love Red and Kraft together, and the cute little cup worked perfectly in red.



Next up, is a card using the new Solid Stitches & Swirls.  I can't tell you how much I love playing with this set!  Trying out different color combinations is so much fun!  For this card, I used a Kraft base, and one of the new stitching dies.  (note - do your embossing BEFORE you stitch with string.  Don't ask me how I know this, but heat will burn string......)


I do love the look of this on Kraft, but my last card uses the same set, stamped on Rustic Cream.  I went with yellow and golds for a completely different look...


So these are just three of the cards I made.  I still have new things to stamp and play with!  Merry Christmas for me. :-)

I hope you've had a wonderful Christmas as well!  

16 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Three wonderful designs and 3 creative ways to use twine! Each one is so pretty!

Dru said...

Love the Kraft with the pop of red ~ very striking. What a wonderful gift.

~amy~ said...

Wow, lovely cards..all three of them! I especially love the coffee themed one!

Rhonda said...

Great cards. Good to know that the coffee cup fits that tag so well.

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous cards, Luanne! I love them all!

Connie MacFarlane said...

Beautiful Leanne! Love the creative ways you used string on your projects.

Martha said...

WOW, these are simply beautiful!

A Crafty Person said...

WOW! all three are totally awesome. I now need to get out my solid stitches and swirls and "play".

Jacquie Southas said...

The second card is just stunning! I like the other two, but I keep going back to look at the second one!

Inkyfingers said...

What great ways to use twine - I really like them all and couldn't pick just one. You have really sold me on the stitches and swirls stamp set - another for my wish list!

carol (krillsister) said...

Lovely cards. Love the layout on the coffee card.

Marcia said...

All 3 of your cards are just beautiful and I would have a hard time picking a favorite! I'm kind of kicking myself now that I didn't get the Stitches & Swirls set as your cards show this set off SO beautifully...guess I'll add it to my wish list! :0)

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations!! :)

Joyce said...

I am in love with these cards. Yes, all of them. Most especially the ones with Stitches & Swirls, which I am eager to open myself. And, thanks for the top about embossing and string. Good to know.

artful-notions said...

So happy you had the day to yourself, cuz these are wonderful! First, love that coffee cup image in red, so festive! And the Stiches and Swirls cards are delightful! LOVE!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love, love, and love! My favorite is the middle one. I was smitten with the stitched frame and bow around the sentiment. I'm inspired to get busy with the Solid Stitches and Swirls!
Happy New year to you, Luanne