Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Washi Makes Great Stripes!

Celebrating Papertrey tonight, with two cards for today's challenge - to use Stripes!  I decided to play with some much neglected Washi Tape (aka - never used)!  For my first card, I used this really cool music note and script tapes that coordinate.



I play around, using a scrap of Rustic Cream laid out on my table, and alternating the stripes about 1/4" apart.  Then I placed them on some Scarlet Jewel card stock.  I made the bloom from Lovely Layers using Rustic Cream and Lace in one pass.  It made great texture on the card stock!  The tag is from the Tag Die collection.

For my second card, I used the great sketch given at the beginning of the celebrations, with a gorgeous color combination given as well...


Here I've used the outside cuts from those swirly dies, with three different, funky tapes.  I even used the tape to put the label down instead of ribbon.  Very different for me, but it was fun!  Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds in this fun-filled week!  Thanks for taking a peek!


1 comment:

Heather DG said...

Both cards are so pretty but I have to say I am so in love with the first one. The shabby flower, the colors, and your choices in washi - pure L.O.V.E.!!